We aim to extend genuine hospitality to all guests and visitors of our hotel.
Our goal is to make it as effortless as possible for everyone, including people with hearing or vision loss, or any other disability, to access information about our hotel and to book a stay.
If you encounter problems learning about our hotel or booking a stay, we encourage you to contact us by telephone or email. Our helpful staff will be delighted to assist you.
We are committed to providing an easy-to-use online experience for all guests, and believe that every website visitor, regardless of their device type or reliance on assistive technology (including screen readers, font magnification, translation or voice recognition software) should be able to research our site online at https://www.hotelballast.com/.
To ensure this, Hotel Ballast complies with Level AA success criteria of the Website Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0), an international standard measure of accessibility success. Our website and digital marketing programs thoughtfully adhere to these guidelines, and are continuously updated and enhanced to make our technology more accessible and user-friendly.
We have tested our hotel’s website to confirm that we meet or exceed Level AA of the WCAG 2.0 Standard.
If you have questions or concerns, or would like to report an issue related to the accessibility features of our website, please contact us at email@example.com.
You can learn more about W3C’s Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) HERE.
In addition, our full site was tested using SiteImprove, a third party authority in web accessibility. The website is routinely
tested to ensure that any new or newly edited content conforms with the most up-to-date accessibility guidelines, as
reported by the SiteImprove tool.
Optimize the way you view your web browser. If you are experiencing difficulty reading our website on your screen, changing the settings on your browser may help to improve the readability and visibility of each page.
Find out more about the accessibility features of these leading Internet Browsers through the links below:
- Mozilla Firefox : Click here for Mozilla Firefox Accessibility Features
- Google Chrome : Click here for Google Accessibility Features
- Internet Explorer : Click here for Microsoft Internet Explorer Ease of Access Options
- Apple Safari: Click here for Apple Accessibility Support
HOTEL WEBSITE ACCESSIBILITY FEATURES
The website was developed to be fully accessible to all site visitors and is designed according to W3C Web Content
Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0. It conforms to most priority checkpoints which entail some of the following elements:
- Navigation Shortcuts
To navigate our website, use the tab key to explore the elements of each page and the enter key to activate a highlighted link.
- Structured, Semantic Markup
HTML heading tags are used to convey document structure. Navigation menus are tagged as HTML maps so that the menu title can be read, and the menu items are presented as a group. Please see our sitemap for easy navigation at: https://www.hotelballast.com/sitemap
- Images Visibility
All content images include descriptive ALT attributes.
- Standards Compliance
The website is designed to conform to Level AA compliance, as specified by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. All pages validate as XHTML 1.0 and use structured semantic markup.
ACCESSIBILITY SOFTWARE AND SERVICES
The following free tools and services are available to assist you with viewing and interacting with our hotel website:
- Click here for HTML Validator, a free service for checking that web pages conform to published HTML standards.
- Click here for Web Page Backward Compatibility Viewer, a tool for viewing web pages without a variety of modern browser features.
- Click here for Lynx, a free text-only web browser.
In addition, we offer rooms with accessibility features, which may be booked through any of our portfolio of hotels brand websites.
Please be aware that WCAG 2.0 AA Guidelines are evolving and our efforts to comply with these guidelines are ongoing. If
you would like to report any accessibility issues, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us at
757-703-7263. We will make all reasonable efforts in order to update the page(s) and ensure their accessibility.
Accessible features include:
- Accessible Rooms
- Accessible business center
- Accessible concierge desk
- Accessible exercise facility
- Accessible guest rooms with mobility features with entry or passage doors that provide 32” of clear width
- Accessible hotel restaurant
- Accessible meeting rooms
- Accessible parking
- Accessible parking spaces for cars in the self-parking facility
- Accessible public entrance
- Accessible registration desk
- Accessible route from the accessible public entrance to the accessible guestrooms
- Accessible route from the accessible public entrance to the registration area
- Accessible route from the hotel’s accessible entrance to the meeting room/ballroom area
- Accessible route from the hotel’s accessible public entrance to at least one restaurant
- Accessible route from the hotel’s accessible public entrance to the business center
- Accessible route from the hotel’s accessible public entrance to the exercise facilities
- Accessible route from the hotel’s accessible public entrance to the swimming pool
- Accessible swimming pool
- Assistive listening devices for meetings upon request
- Closed captioning on televisions or closed captioning decoders
- Digital alarm clock available with sound and a vibrating pad
- Digital alarm clock available with sound and strobe light
- Grab bars in bathroom
- Level or ramp entrance into the building
- Public Areas/Facilities accessible for physically challenged
- Service support animals welcome
- Strobe alarms
- Swimming pool hoist for pool access
- TTY for guest use
- Van-accessible parking in the self-parking facility
- Visual alarm for hearing impaired
- Visual alarms for hearing impaired in hallways
- Visual alarms for hearing impaired in public areas
- Wheelchair ramp for lobby/reception access